Adventure Cow > Contests

Proposal for Adventure Cow Compo

<< < (2/5) > >>

Chris:
There are so many possibilities here that I think the challenging bit is not coming up with ideas but reducing it to just one plan!

Vhillain: What was your experience like in Mini-Ludum Dare 42? Can you say a little bit about what was fun about it?

Villain Mastermind:
What I liked the most was the feeling of focus from having a theme and a time restriction. The idea of having a built-in audience that might offer constructive feedback was nice, but I have no idea how many views I got.

While we're on the subject, here is the announcement post. My entry is titled "Revelations" and is hosted here at AdventureCow.

I hope this idea comes to fruition, but there are pitfalls to be aware of, like greed (if prizes are offered) or competitive ill-will.

Competition is good and all, but it should come second to building a creative-community that drives its members to improve their craft and have fun while doing it.

dacharya64:

--- Quote from: Vhillain Mastermind on June 03, 2013, 09:16:07 PM ---Competition is good and all, but it should come second to building a creative-community that drives its members to improve their craft and have fun while doing it.
--- End quote ---

I agree. The thing I'm more concerned about is getting enough of an audience and participants to really constitute a community. It's fun with more people, but finding people willing to spend time trying to write, build, and publish a game, and willing to stick with it for however long the competition runs, seems more challenging to me.

Chris:

--- Quote from: Vhillain Mastermind on June 03, 2013, 09:16:07 PM ---Competition is good and all, but it should come second to building a creative-community that drives its members to improve their craft and have fun while doing it.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. I think we need to have a specific focused event where people have to be communicating. Game jams work well for this because they're on one site. A day-long weekend workshop via chat, perhaps?

Also, Revelations was cool. I enjoyed the twist of being on the other side of the couch from the usual perspective.

dacharya64:
I like the idea, Chris. I think this could work very well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version