Here is a list of fixes and updates for the latest versions of StoryLab
.StoryLab (TBD)Bug fixes:
StoryLab 2.0-beta (July 4, 2015)The Gamebook edition is here! Make your own gamebooks with the new StoryLab. Learn how to make your own from our guide.
- 421: Links in preview or play mode for non-DQI stories don't work (applies to /p/[page] URLs and standalone player)
- 423: Error when you click on Edit Title/General on a story
The new StoryLab is still in beta
- please send us comments and we'll do our best to add features and fix bugs!New features:
- Gamebook support! We've added a set of QuestForge extensions - support for commonly used gamebook functionality.
- Inventory pick up and drop
- Dice rolling
- Stat checking
- Fighting Fantasy-style combat
- Customizable story sidebars
We've added two new tech demos, featuring excerpts from winners of the 2014 Windhammer prize! To learn how to make gamebooks just like these, check out our brand new manual
StoryLab 1.1 (May 27, 2015)v1.1 - the Big Bug Fix version. Just released!New features:If you want to check out all the features in pictures, check out our album.
- Fixed an error preventing users with custom scripts from editing their stories.
- Fixed an error where people couldn't play stories on mobile.
- 414: [General] Non admins cannot turn on Questforge script extensions
- 412: Occasionally reader doesn't load
- 407: If we add sideContent to a story, it'll take one refresh before the changes register
StoryLab bug fixes:
- We've updated the StoryLab tutorial page add a lot more info and also added a tutorial on how we built a complete game, Galileo's Experiment!
- We've also updated the home page you see when you start StoryLab.
- You can now delete stories!
- Start & orphan pages - pages that aren't linked - are now highlighted in a different color.
- You can now restart games in the game player.
- We’re testing out a new feature - custom macros - with a few select users.
- Updated JSON backup and restore: you should be able to restore a 900+ page story in less than a minute.
- Experimental feature: Word count - see how many words there are in your whole story, to set goals and pacing. (Warning: may be slow if turned on)
- Experimental feature: See pages that link to the page you're currently working on.
- Experimental feature: Spell check (and the other experimental features) can now be turned on and off.
Sitewide fixes and features:
- In previous versions, we were showing the "conjuring page from ether" message more often than we intended. This has been fixed.
- 360: Double-clicking on macro tokens should trigger macro-specific functionality (continue should go to next page, etc.)
- 351: When making a new story, the first page text mentions an example that isn't there
- 348: Spacebar/enter at the right edge of a macro token doesn't work.
- 352: Can't copy StoryLab text and paste it elsewhere
- 368: Story doesn't open in editor (QuestForge 2)
- 332: Can’t see switch macro details when it’s expanded
- 361: Clicking on  on a particular page does not open that page to edit
- 328: Double-clicking the Print macro token opens a box that doesn't do anything
- 367: If you closed your current tab, going back (by double-clicking on a link) doesn't work
- 369: Multiple clicks on Create New Story In StoryLab link make new stories
- 365: Macro property box persists after travelling to new created page in editor
- Adventure Cow is now open registration! To forestall an influx of robot signups that we've had in the past, all robot (and human) registrants must pass a basic Turing test to sign up for the site.
- Updated site to be more clear about what games are on an external site
- Updated tabs at the top of adventurecow.com to highlight store and learn when in the appropriate sections - If you go to a store/learning page (StoryLab, the DestinyQuest Infinite purchase page), the tab at the very top of the website should change.
- You can now sign in with any capitalization of email address.
- Fixed the profile view - no more of this mess.
StoryLab 1.0 (April 10, 2015)v1.0, our first full version, with major bugs fixed and the new page tree!Bug fixes:
- Updated libraries (web2py) to the latest version
- New automated tests to catch big bugs (thanks Jessica)
StoryLab 0.2 (January 31, 2015)v0.2, the official HackTrin edition, incorporates custom macro support for hackathon participants.StoryLab 0.1.1 (January 30, 2015)v0.1.1 features some bug fixes and updated tutorial docs.StoryLab 0.1 (January 28, 2015)v0.1, our first version, is live!
- 309: Editor adds extra linebreaks to the end of the story after every save (and saves right after load, even though nothing's changed
- 245: Drag and drop of macro token entites breaks those entities
- 231: Macro label text can be edited
- 232: Pasting text into other text sometimes produces extraneous spaces
- 263: <<back>> macro does not work