Author Topic: Bug Report - A Few Errors  (Read 8337 times)

Alziel

• View Profile
Bug Report - A Few Errors
« on: January 13, 2016, 07:30:15 AM »
Hi,

Just wanted to report a few more errors that I've spotted:

• The latter half of the entry with Avian Dale and Ravenwing at the end of Act 1 in Avian's Castle is missing (Entry 299 in the book).
  • The description is missing for the 'Spirit Tincture' reward (Entry 794 in the book) and its ability is not available in combat either.
  • The description of the effect of 'Brain Drain' is wrong on the 'Cortical Bulb' wand reward. I never used it in combat, so I do not know if its effect is actually correct in practice.

Thanks!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Admin
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Cow
Re: Bug Report - A Few Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:08:28 PM »
Thanks Alziel! I got these from your email as well. Some of them are tricky bugs and we're going to fix them all at once, but will get them done as son as possible.  :)

Alziel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 12:25:51 PM »
Thanks Chris.

I've been playing the game a lot recently as I've been on extended medical leave from work, so I've spotted some other errors that you might not be aware of:

• The game doesn't recognize the 'Spider's Leg' as a valid potion ingredient when you visit Tanner. The in game text says 'Spider Leg', so maybe this is the disconnect (missing the ''s' at the end of the first word)?
  • It appears that you can use Speed and Combat abilities more than once in the same round when it should only be possible to use these once each per round (for example, I could use both 'Deep Wound' and 'Piercing' in the same round in my last playthrough but both are Combat abilities)
  • If you play as a Warrior, Inquisitor Laine will offer to teach you the Inquisitor career after the Act 3 Blue Quest, even if he died during that quest.
  • Arthurian's Horn can be used more than once when it is a one use item. Furthermore, if you use the horn when your opponent has less than 20 Health remaining, their Health drops to a negative figure and this crashes the game.

Thanks again for giving us the game though - it really is excellent! :-)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:39:57 AM by Alziel »

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Admin
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Cow
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »
Thanks for pointing these out Alziel!

I've got a lot to dig through but I will get to these as soon as I can. I've got the shovels!

Alziel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
Thanks for replying Chris - and again, I just wanted to say that you've done a fantastic job!

At the risk of burying you even deeper, I have just confirmed an error in the printed edition of LoS which has also made its way into the DQI game.

The 'Shield Wall' ability that the Cavalier has should have an effect that only lasts for one round - but this is not stated in the ability description and so remains in effect throughout the entire combat which makes the Cavalier class ridiculously OP. Michael Ward himself confirmed that this is an oversight and an error over on the DQ forums, so you might want to modify that as well when you get a chance.

The discussion thread where Michael confirms the error is here: http://www.destiny-quest.com/forums/here-be-spoilers/show/3125#post3125

Cheers!  :D

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Admin
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Cow
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Thanks Alziel!

I really appreciate your patience with all of this. I'm looking forward to being able to fix these.  :D All this annoying business stuff in the way.  ::)

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Admin
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Cow
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »
I'm here! I've been investigating all of these and I noticed something interesting the "Brain Drain" bug:

Brain drain (mo): You may spend magic to increase your damage score. For each magic point you spend, you may increase your damage score by 1. You can spend up to a maximum of 5 magic points (increasing your damage score by 5). Your magic is restored at the end of the combat. You can only use this ability once per combat.

I think I misread this, because a buff that increased damage for one round only, at the cost of a combat-long reduction to magic, seemed weak to me. I suppose this would only make sense as a brawn user, because at least in that case you wouldn't lose damage forever to get damage once!

Chris

• Administrator
  • The Admin
    • View Profile
    • Adventure Cow
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 05:46:59 PM »
Hello! These have been fixed now. (Unfortunately, I posted the forum thread reply at the same time that our webhost upgraded their server, so now everything I said the last time disappeared.)